Pros and Cons of Hybrid Vehicles
So you would have thought about owning a hybrid vehicle because it provides better mileage over conventional vehicles. Before buying a hybrid vehicle it’s very necessary to look at the pros and cons of hybrid vehicles so that you can make a right decision and get the best of it.
Advertisements(Ads by Google):
Following is the list of Hybrid Vehicles Pros and Cons:
Pros of Hybrid Vehicles:
1) Hybrid Vehicles provide better efficiency in terms of driving: Hybrid cars have better mileage over the conventional cars because of the twin-engine configuration ie. An electric motor and conventional Fuel engine. With steady acceleration limit under 60mph, the Hybrid vehicles can give 5 times better efficiency and fuel mileage.
2) Hybrids have dual engine power : Unlike Sportscars Hybrid vehicles do not have heavy engine power but the dual configuration of Fuel Engine with an electric engine, the hybrid vehicles get better acceleration power for city driving. You can easily zoom through the city interactions in a moment in city streets without any hassle, thanks to the better drivetrain of electric motors.
3) Hybrid Vehicles are quiet and easy: You’d be surprised for not hearing any engine buzz sound while driving hybrid vehicles on the electric motor under the city speed limits. This will give you better energy to focus on something more important rather than being troubled by noise.
4) Hybrids are environment-friendly with lesser emissions: Hybrids have the gas and electric engine configuration over conventional gas engine vehicles and thus hybrids have lesser emissions and help in maintaining a clean environment. In fact, a study showed that Toyota Prius(hybrid vehicle) showed 80% lesser emissions ratings compared to conventional gas engine vehicles.
5) They get energy even from Braking: This is one of the best parts of Hybrid Vehicles benefits, under city speed limits you apply the brake and the brakes give electricity energy to the motors for next acceleration. The regenerative braking is such feature hybrid vehicles conquer in.
6) Hybrid cars are generally lightweight: modern times hybrid vehicles are constructed from lightweight materials which make better weight distribution and thus lesser power consumption.
7) Government incentives for owning hybrid vehicles : By owning hybrid cars you contribute to the better environment and show as a responsible citizen for the goodwill of society. In many places, the government gives incentives in terms of tax deduction etc. To hybrid cars owners.
8) Lesser maintenance under city speed : while driving under city speed limits, the hybrid vehicles run on the electric motor, thus it reduces the stress on the gas engine. With less stress on gas engines, the wear and tear cost gets lesser and maintenance cost becomes very minimal.
9) Good Battery Life: People always frown about battery life in hybrid cars. There’s a myth popular among hybrid vehicles discussions that the battery life is very short for hybrid cars but it’s not true. The market leaders such as Toyota have always equipped their vehicles with long-lasting batteries.
10) Hybrid Vehicles give better resale value: Due to better mileage and lesser emissions ratings hybrid cars have been counted as better investments compared to the gas engine vehicles.
As it’s said every coin has two sides and that’s how there are some cons of hybrid vehicles.
Advertisements(Ads by Google):
Cons of Hybrid Vehicles :
1) Hybrid vehicles are expensive: Due to high demand and benefits, the hybrid vehicles are expensive compared to conventional gas engine vehicles.
2) Longer waiting time : people have to wait longer to get possession of their hybrid vehicles and thus the sellers earn the premium by taking benefits of the high demand of consumers for hybrid cars.
3) Lesser mileage on highway : Hybrid Vehicles give lesser than estimated mileage on the highway because of high-speed driving and that’s one of the biggest cons. Though researchers are going on to tackle this challenge so in future we would be driving on highway speed with greater efficiency on highways.
4) Engine Performance lags : Hybrid Vehicles are made for mileage and that’s why they have lesser engine power compared to conventional engine cars.
5) More maintenance cost: Hybrid Vehicles have multi-engine configuration with latest technologies and that is why they need more maintenance cost compared to conventional vehicles.
So these were Pros and Cons of Hybrid Vehicles. Did we miss any part? Let us know in the comment box.
You May Read